Accommodation in Nice is excellent and caters to all budgets, unlike many cities on the Côte d’Azur. Hotels charge substantially more during the Monaco Grand Prix. Book well in advance in summer.
- Hôtel Windsor The best of all worlds: classy, quirky and artsy, with a pleasant back garden.
- Hostel Meyerbeer Beach Cosy small hostel with friendly staff and cheerful, well-kept rooms.
- Hôtel La Pérouse Top-of-the-line hotel in a dream location overlooking Vieux Nice and the Mediterranean.
- Nice Garden Hôtel Welcoming boutique hotel opposite a New Town square.
- Hôtel Villa Rivoli Reasonably priced rooms with old-fashioned elegance, a stone's throw from the Promenade des Anglais.
By Budget: €
- Hostel Meyerbeer Beach The way every hostel should be: small, with friendly staff and homey atmosphere.
- Hôtel Villa St-Hubert Well-priced converted villa in a residential northern neighbourhood.
- Hôtel Wilson Old-school budget hotel run by a friendly local family.
- Villa Saint-Exupéry Beach Hostel Large, modern hostel with good facilities and friendly staff.
- Hostel Les Camélias Traditional HI hostel in a grand old home with nice front garden.
By Budget: €€
- Hôtel Windsor Boutique hotel with unique artwork gracing most rooms and the cafe-bar downstairs.
- Nice Garden Hôtel Centrally located, well-kept boutique hotel.
- Hôtel Villa Rivoli Efficient, formal reception, fantastic location three blocks from the beach.
- Hôtel Le Genève Unbeatable location in the heart of Nice's busiest nightlife district.
- Hôtel Ozz Quirky, colorful new hotel, part of the fun-loving Happyculture group.
By Budget: €€€
- Hôtel La Pérouse Classy four-star perched on a steep hillside between Vieux Nice and the Mediterranean.
- Hôtel Villa Victoria Palatial four-star with a delightful back patio.
- Hôtel Villa Rose Lovingly converted old villa north of the Libération market.
- Hôtel du Petit Palais Hillside villa in a residential neighbourhood with distant Mediterranean views.
- Exedra Ultra-luxurious five-star with its own private spa.
Sleeps Near the Beach
- Hôtel La Pérouse Vieux Nice's beach is right at your doorstep.
- Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée Grand art-deco hotel smack in the middle of Promenade des Anglais.
- Hostel Meyerbeer Beach Only two blocks and you're at the beach; not too shabby for a hostel!
- Hôtel Solara A pedestrian street is right outside your door, and the beach just one block beyond.
Rooms with a View
Nice Pebbles (www.nicepebbles.com) offers dozens of rental apartments (one-/two-bedroom apartments from €80/100) and villas in and around Nice, all bookable through its website.
The following price ranges refer to a double room in high season, with private bathroom (any combination of toilet, bathtub, shower and washbasin), excluding breakfast unless otherwise noted. Breakfast is assumed to be included at a B&B. Where half-board (breakfast and dinner) and full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner) is included, this is mentioned with the price.
€ less than €90
€€€ more than €190
Where to Stay
The lion's share of hotels, hostels and other accommodations are located in the New Town. The toniest are to be found along the Promenade des Anglais, while less-expensive options are clustered in the streets just back from the waterfront or near the train station. The supply of decent hotels is more limited in other neighbourhoods, but travellers can find wonderfully atmospheric apartments, especially in Vieux Nice, through the usual home-sharing services.