- Bar des Oiseaux Converted Vieux Nice nightclub with bargain-priced multi-course lunch menus.
- Peixes Blue and white maritime decor forms the backdrop for fabulous ceviche and other seafood specialties.
- Chez Palmyre Crowd in around a communal table for the best-value lunch in Vieux Nice.
- La Femme du Boulanger Dreamy bistro fare, well-balanced, lovingly prepared and served at sidewalk tables.
- Flaveur Proud holder of a second Michelin star for its inventive international twists on Niçois cuisine.
- La Rossettisserie Roast meat and veggies done to perfection in a former bakery remodeled with retro flair.
By Budget: €
- Chez Palmyre Bargain-priced three-course menus served in an intimate dining room with wonderful neighbourhood character.
- Acchiardo Long-time local favourite for straight-ahead Niçois cuisine in a convivial stone-walled setting.
- Socca du Cours Niçois specialties like grandma used to make, served from a humble cart in Saleya market.
- Kiosque Chez Tintin Beloved hole-in-the-wall near the Libération market, where locals queue for coffee and pan bagnat.
- La Casa di Giorgio Classic red-and-white checked tablecloths and honestly priced pasta dishes draw a loyal lunchtime crowd.
By Budget: €€
- La Femme du Boulanger Choose from open-faced sandwiches or bistro classics, followed by scrumptious desserts.
- Bar des Oiseaux Vintage decor contrasts with modern cuisine at this perennial Vieux Nice favourite.
- Le Canon Market-fresh cuisine sourced from local farmers named individually on the chalkboard menu.
- Franchin Classy vintage brasserie decor and impeccably prepared Niçois specialties.
- Peixes Sit at the counter and watch the chefs at work at Vieux Nice's newest superstar.
By Budget: €€€
- Flaveur Seven-course menus of inventive modern cuisine served in a dining room hung with contemporary art.
- Le Chantecler A Michelin-starred restaurant carries on the tradition of refinement at this iconic belle-époque hotel.
- Jan A South African chef works wonders with his creative fusions of flavours.
By Cuisine: Bakeries
- La Fougasserie Delicious pizza, pissaladière and pan bagnat at Vieux Nice's favourite neighbourhood bakery.
- Mama Baker Hearty wholegrain breads and irresistible olive-and-cheese treats for a snack on the go.
- Chez Pipo Socca emerges hot from the ovens every few minutes at this local institution near the port.