Catching a performance in Paris, Lyon or Marseille is a treat. French and international opera, ballet and theatre companies and cabaret dancers take to the stage in fabled venues, and a flurry of young, passionate, highly creative musicians, thespians and artists ensure a thriving fringe-art scene in France’s largest cities. Away from urban France, an entertainment scene per se is somewhat nonexistent.
- Philharmonie de Paris World-class music concerts, everything from classical to world music, inside a striking piece of contemporary architecture.
- Café Universel Brilliant Parisian jazz club showcasing a diverse range of styles.
- EP7 Cultural cafe and concert venue, and the capital's first piece of 'interactive architecture'.
- Le Sucre DJs, live music and eclectic happenings on a roof terrace atop a 1930s sugar factory in Lyon.
- La Friche La Belle de Mai Marseille’s vibrant alternative arts centre in a former sugar-refining plant.
- Le Lieu Unique Industrial-chic venue for dance, theatre and music in Nantes’ one-time LU biscuit factory.