For the French, drinking and eating are best friends and the line between a cafe, salon de thé (tearoom), bistro, brasserie, bar, and bar à vins (wine bar) is blurred. The line between drinking and clubbing is often nonexistent – a cafe that’s quiet mid-afternoon might have DJ sets in the evening and dancing later on. One thing is certain though: from traditional neighbourhood cafe to cutting-edge cocktail bar, drinking options abound.
Drinking & Nightlife
- C. Comme Champagne-quaffing at the source in Épernay.
- Le Perchoir Rooftop sundowners with Parisian hipsters and a sensational city panorama.
- L'Age de Raisin Wine bar and bistro in Burgundian wine town, Dijon.
- La Capsule Exceptional craft beer in Lille.
- Waaw Marseille's favourite bar with cocktails, dancing, food, live music et al.
- I.Boat Clubbing on an industrial barge in insanely stylish Bordeaux.