Travel with Children
The Atlantic coast has plenty to keep youngsters and teenagers happy.
- Base the family in Arcachon to scale lighthouses, cycle along the coast, romp on sandy beaches and tear helter-skelter up and down the biggest sandcastle any kid is ever likely to see in the form of Europe's biggest sand dune.
- Start the kids off young with a family wine-tasting workshop at École du Vin de Bordeaux and interactive tour of La Cité du Vin in Bordeaux.
- From blennies to piranhas and seahorses to giant rays, there's plenty to excite at La Rochelle's high-tech aquarium. The ships at its Maritime Museum are equally riveting for young minds.
- Show kids the future of film at Futuroscope.
- There's something about a house-sized mechanical elephant that just cannot fail to impress at Les Machines de l’Île de Nantes.
- Spot storks, kingfishers and pond tortoises at Réserve Ornithologique du Teich.