Budget: Less than €130
- Dorm bed: €18–30
- Double room in a budget hotel: €90
- Admission to many attractions first Sunday of month: free
- Lunch menus (set meals): less than €20
- Public transport: €1.60–7.50
- Double room in a midrange hotel: €90–190
- Lunch menus in gourmet restaurants: €20–40
- Car hire: €35–80
Top end: More than €220
- Double room in a top-end hotel: €190–350
- Top restaurant dinner: menu €65, à la carte €100–150
- Opera tickets: €15–150
With the exception of the odd haggle at the market, little bargaining goes on in France.
Exchange rates aboard car ferries are atrocious. ATMs can be found along rue Royale, and cash can be exchanged at the Comptoir de Change, which has branches in and around Calais, including one at the ferry terminal and another at the Channel Tunnel.