- Grand Hôtel de Bordeaux Crème de la crème of Bordeaux hotels.
- L’Hôtel Particulier Luxurious chambre d'hôte and self-catering hybrid.
- Hôtel Continental Three-star hotel with bohemian-chic rooms in the Triangle d'Or shopping district.
- Hôtel La Cour Carrée Romantic midrange hotel with chic, Scandinavian furnishings and hidden courtyard in gentrified Saint-Seurin.
- Mama Shelter Philippe Starck–designed hotel with sharp rooms and sensational rooftop terrace in Saint-Pierre.
By Budget: €
By Budget: €€
- Ecolodge des Chartrons Old-world charming, eco-conscious B&B in Chartrons.
- Maison Fredon Bourgeois guesthouse on a foodie street in St-Michel.
- Mama Shelter Sharp snappy, Philippe Starck–digs in a 1927 tower block.
- Hôtel La Cour Carrée Contemporary decor and gold-stone walls meet in a 19th-century townhouse with peaceful courtyard in upmarket Saint-Seurin.
- Hôtel Bordeaux Clemenceau Three-star family favourite wedged between shops on a busy street near the Triangle d'Or.
By Budget: €€€
- Grand Hôtel de Bordeaux The ultimate historic and luxurious choice with Michelin-starred dining and sensational rooftop 'beach' bar.
- Chez Dupont Contemporary, design-driven B&B in Bordeaux's wine-merchant district.
- L’Hôtel Particulier Thoughtfully designed rooms and self-catering apartments in a historic mansion right by the cathedral.
- Hôtel de Sèze Chic spa-hotel by the upmarket Triangle d'Or.
- Le Boutique Hôtel Four-star luxury in a beautiful 18th-century hôtel particulier in chic Saint-Seurin.
- Yndō Hôtel Uber-chic boutique hotel with stunning contemporary-art collection.
- Maison Fredon Five-room B&B in a bourgeois townhouse near Saint-Michel.
- Chez Dupont Ten chic, vintage-dressed rooms in village-like Chartrons.
- Ecolodge des Chartrons Eco-friendly rooms and bags of old-world charm in Chartrons.
- L’Hôtel Particulier Luxurious period rooms near the cathedral.
- Les Chambres au Coeur de Bordeaux Homey, midrange choice on the fringe of Saint-Pierre.
Historic Hôtels Particuliers
- Hôtel La Cour Carrée Unpretentious, midrange address with a peaceful courtyard in chic Saint-Seurin.
- Hôtel Continental Check into an 18th-century hôtel particulier (mansion), known as Hôtel du Coq 'Or in 1912.
- Yndō Hôtel Compelling contemporary art marries perfectly with this luxury boutique hotel's historic setting.
- Le Boutique Hôtel Four-star luxury in a beautiful Saint-Seurin mansion from the 18th century.
- Seeko’o Hôtel Dazzling, all-white and curvaceous, contemporary design near La Cité du Vin.
- Mama Shelter Bright white walls broken with bursts of colour are trademarks of this Philippe Starck art work.
- Yndō Hôtel Outstanding contemporary art by Bordelais artists and chic designer furnishings in a historic townhouse.
- Hôtel de Sèze Four-star spa-hotel named after a St-Émilion count.
- Hôtel de la Presse Cheap 'n' cheerful hotel in Saint-Pierre with a giant dog in the breakfast room and print-themed rooms.