Europe's longest pedestrian shopping street, rue Ste-Catherine, links place de la Victoire and place de la Comédie; 19th-century shopping arcade Galerie Bordelaise is nearby. Luxury fashion boutiques lace the Triangle d'Or ('Golden Triangle') formed by cours Georges Clemenceau, cours de l'Intendance and Allées de Tourny. Trendy independent boutiques and design shops are concentrated on rue St-James in the Saint-Pierre quarter and rue Notre-Dame in Chartrons.
- L’Intendant The finest wine shop in town, with bottles from €7 to €5000.
- Popins Buy an ingenious umbrella stand for your bike, invented here in Bordeaux.
- Serendipity Exquisite concept store with beautiful gifts for him, her and the home.
- Quai des Marques Bargain shopping at dozens of outlet stores in a hangar by the river.
- Mollat Bookworm heaven.
- Chocolaterie Saunion Bourgeois, family-run chocolate maker in business since 1893.
- Do You Speak Français? Shop for insanely trendy totes, t-shirts et al in Chartrons.
- Yvonne Beautiful lifestyle space with eatery in front of Basilique St-Michel.
- w.a.n Everything is artisan and made in France at this temple to 'slow design.'
- Baaam Concept store specialising in local, Bordeaux-made products.
- Archibald & Zoé Fashion, homewares and souvenirs, all 100% Made in France.
- Le Goût du Papier Ingenious concept store only selling paper items.
Food & Drink
- Marché des Capucins Bodeaux's historic food-market hall.
- L’Intendant With near on 15,000 references, a must for wine buffs.
- Jean d’Alos Boutique cheeses, with many regional specialities, at this chic fromagerie.
- Chocolaterie Saunion The Bordelais address for fine chocolate since 1893.
- Fromagerie Deruelle Female-run fromagerie with exceptional cheesecake.
- Cave Briau Join Bordelais buying wine at chateau prices.
- Les Sisterettes Fashionable clothes and acessories for women, many by Bordelais or French designers.
- Freep’Show Vintage Vintage fashion with a clear retro tech theme going on.
- Blue Madone Vintage designer fashion for men and women; workshops too.
- Galeries Lafayette Bordeaux's central department store, with history to boot.
- Quai des Marques Big-brand fashion and accessories at discounted, outlet prices.