With Max, you will discover the authenticity of the Basque country, its culture and the bounty of its cuisine.
With Max, you will discover the authenticity of Basque country, its culture, and the bounty of its cuisine. Famous for its rugby, its pelote (a type of sport), its waves and its cuisine, it's a land of tradition and contrast tucked away between the Atlantic Ocean and the Pyrenees Mountains.
Max will bring you to the heart of the splendid countryside along a route highlighting traditional Basque towns such as farms from the 15th century and the Sare Caves, the exquisite Ainhoa religious heritage, Espelette and its scarlet-red peppers displayed outside of houses, the Mendiguren Citadel and other jewels from Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port. In the Biarritz market, you will find all sorts of Basque specialities such as cheeses, hams, spices, the famous Basque-style cake and even striped espadrilles- all made with local Basque material of course.
- 08:00: Meeting point at the tourism office
- 08:30: Southern Cape, the Landes Forest and the foothills of the Pyrénées
- 10:00: Discover Biarritz and its market
- 11:00: The Basque Village Circuit of Sare and Ainhoa
- 13:00: Basque Lunch
- 14:30: Basque Village Circuit: Espelette
- 15:30: Visit Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port and taste local products
- 18:00: Northern Cape and the Landes Forest
- 20:00: Meeting point at the tourism office