In most cases a residence permit is required to work in Finland, but there are exceptions, such as fruit- and berry-picking jobs of no more than 90 days. Comprehensive information is available at Contact the Finnish embassy or consulate in your home country well in advance of travelling.

Australian citizens aged between 18 and 30 and New Zealand citizens aged between 18 and 35 can apply for a 12-month working-holiday visa under a reciprocal agreement – contact the Finnish embassy in your home country.