Cycling is a great way to explore Helsinki in fine weather; the tourist office has a free cycle route map. Boat cruises and kayaking excursions offer another perspective of the city. Helsinki's beautiful parks include the sprawling Kaivopuisto, with summer beaches and winter tobogganing. Ice skating and skiing are other favourite winter pastimes. Saunas are cornerstones of Finnish culture year-round.
- Kaivopuisto Rambling waterside park.
- Allas Sea Pool Open-air swimming pools overlooking the city.
- Löyly Sauna Ecological sauna complex on the waterfront.
- Jääpuisto Picturesque outdoor ice skating on Rautatientori (Railway Sq).
- Natura Viva Fabulous kayaking tours around Helsinki's archipelago.
- Serena Aqua park with water slides galore plus wintertime skiing.