Finland is a very easy-going place and visitors are unlikely to be at risk of making any social faux pas.
- Greetings Greet men, women and children with a brief but firm handshake and make eye contact.
- Language In Swedophone areas, address locals in Swedish.
- Small talk Finns value conversation, but don't engage in small talk; silence is considered preferable.
- Saunas Shower before entering a sauna. Nudity is the norm (a towel is required in mixed saunas), but check first. Saunas are strictly nonsexual.
- Punctuality Finns are very punctual and expect the same in return.