When to Go
High Season (Jun–Sep; Dec & Jan)
- Peak seasons coincide with the school holidays in Australia and New Zealand.
- Prices go up by 10% to 20%; costs peak in June and July.
Shoulder (May & Oct)
- The shoulder season includes the ‘Fijian winter’ or ‘dry season’ (May to October), bringing low rainfall, low humidity, milder temperatures and a lower risk of cyclones.
Low Season (Nov & Feb–Apr)
- November to April is Fiji’s ‘wet season’, with heavy rains and high humidity.
- Fewer tourists equal reduced rates, though discounts are hard to come by in December and January during Australian and New Zealand school holidays.