Information from G Adventures
Tucked in between the Middle East and Africa, Ethiopia sits in the middle of these distinctive regions and yet takes on a cultural mosaic and aesthetic that’s tangibly distinct. On this 10-day tour you’ll see just what we mean with Christian churches hewn from solid rock; national park’s vivid, green peaks; and fascinating cities where luxury sports cars and assorted livestock hang out together in perfect harmony.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Arrival transfer
- Visit to Axum historical sites
- Simien Mountains trek
- Guided tour of Debre Berhan Selassie Church, Fasiladas's Bath, and historic castles in Gondar
- Boat trip on Lake Tana
- Excursion to Blue Nile Falls
- Guided tour of the rock-hewn churches of Lalibela
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Discover rock-hewn churches in lalibela and castles in gondar
- Hike in the simien mountains national park and to see the blue nile falls
- Visit two monasteries on lake tana on a boat ride
Day 1: Addis Ababa Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer included.
Day 2: Addis Ababa/Axum Fly to Axum, then spend the afternoon exploring the many archaeological sites.
Day 3: Axum/Simien Mountains NP Travel, via the Lima Limo Valley, to Debark, our base for visiting Simien Mountains National Park. Relax at the scenic lodge with views of the stunning mountain ranges.
Day 4: Simien Mountains NP/Gondar Spend the day in Simien Mountains National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Enjoy guided hiking excursions around Sankaber campsite, and the Jinbar waterfalls, with its scenic views and wildlife. In the late afternoon, drive to Gondar.
Day 5: Gondar Area Enjoy a cultural and nature excursion in a rural Amhara community, then return to Gondar in time for lunch. In the afternoon visit the Debre Birhan Silassie Church.
Day 6: Gondar/Bahir Dar Continue exploring Gondar in the morning, then head to Bahir Dar.
Day 7: Bahir Dar Take a boat trip on Lake Tana to enjoy stunning views and visit monasteries including Ura Kidane Mehret and Azwa Maryam. In the afternoon, enjoy a guided hike to the Blue Nile Falls.
Day 8: Bahir Dar/Lalibela Drive to Lalibela.
Day 9: Lalibela Enjoy a full day exploring the rock-hewn churches, including St. George Church, and other historical sites.
Day 10: Lalibela/Addis Ababa Morning flight to Addis Ababa, where the tour ends on arrival at Bole International Airport.