- Budget hotel room €20-45
- Two-course evening meal €10-35
- Museum entrance €1-5
- Beer €3
- Tallinn transport ticket €1
On 1 January 2011 Estonia joined the eurozone, bidding a very fond farewell to its short-lived kroon. ATMs are plentiful and credit cards are widely accepted.
For current exchange rates see www.xe.com.
- Restaurants Some include service in the bill. Up to 10% is customary for good service.
- Taxis 10% is the expectation, or round up the fare.
- Hotels Tip luggage porters €1 to €2 per bag; consider up to €5 for exceptional concierge service. Tips for cleaning staff are at your discretion.
- Bars Round to nearest euro for drinks served at your table.
- Guides and drivers Up to €20 per day is generous for excellent service.