Tartu Airport is 9km south of the city centre but the only scheduled flights are daily Finnair services to and from Helsinki.
Tartaline runs an airport shuttle which must be prebooked. Hotel pick-ups can be booked in advance.
Taxis cost around €12.
Major domestic routes:
- Tallinn (€8 to €15, 2½ hours, at least every half hour)
- Otepää (€2 to €3.50, one hour, 10 daily)
- Viljandi (€5.80, 1¼ hours, 14 daily)
- Pärnu (€9.60 to €12, 2¾ hours, 12 daily)
- Kuressaare (€18, 5½ hours, two daily)
Car & Motorcycle
Tartu's beautifully restored wooden train station, built in 1877, is 1.5km southwest of the Old Town at the end of Kuperjanovi street. Six express (two-hour) and four regular (2½-hour) services head to Tallinn daily (both €12), and there are also three trains a day to Sangaste (€4.20, one hour) and Valga (€4.90, 70 minutes).