To & From Tartu Airport
Tartaline runs an airport shuttle, departing the terminal 10 minutes after each flight and from outside Tartu Kaubamaja 80 minutes before every flight. Hotel pick-ups can be prebooked in advance. Taxis cost around €10.
Major domestic routes:
- Tallinn (€7 to €12, 2½ hours, at least every half hour)
- Otepää (€2 to €3.50, one hour, 10 daily)
- Viljandi (€5.80, 1¼ hours, 14 daily)
- Pärnu (€9.60 to €12, 2¾ hours, 12 daily)
- Kuressaare (€18, 5½ hours, two daily)
Car & Motorcycle
Tartu's beautifully restored wooden train station, built in 1877, is 1.5km southwest of the Old Town at the end of Kuperjanovi street. Four express (2½-hour) and four regular (two-hour) services head to Tallinn daily (both €11), and there are also three trains a day to Sangaste (€3.70, one hour) and Valga (€4.40, 70 minutes).