Estonia is fairly safe, but employ common sense.
- Huge numbers of tourists in Tallinn may encourage pickpockets and bag-snatchers.
- Racially motivated crimes against minorities are known to occur in Estonia.
- Drunks – particularly Brits on stag dos – can be a problem in nightlife areas.
- Estonian drivers can be aggressive and regularly overtake slower vehicles on the country's many narrow, two-lane highways, which often have no lines indicating division of lanes. Inclement weather and potholes make for sketchy conditions: aways have your headlights on.
- Beware of taxis hailed from the street – drivers have been known to jack up fares.