- Sunday Upmarket Up-and-coming designers, cool tees and terrific food.
- Fortnum & Mason The world's most glamorous grocery store?
- Camden Market Every shade of exotic and alternative: steampunk fashion, navel jewellery, Moroccan lamps.
- Harrods Garish and kitsch yet perennially popular department store.
- Portobello Road Market A colourful clash of fashion, vintage clothing, antiques and exotic food.
- Selfridges Everything from streetwear to high fashion under one roof.
- Collectif Spitalfields store taking inspiration from the 1940s and '50s.
- Hackney Walk Big-brand outlet shopping at its very best.
- Folk Simple but striking Scandinavian style for men and women.
- Browns Great for up-and-coming designers.
- Sunday Upmarket Load up on delicious food before tackling the designer stalls.
- Camden Market From authentic antiques to tourist tat – and everything in between.
- Portobello Road Market Classic Notting Hill sprawl, perfect for vintage everything.
- Broadway Market Local market known for its food but with plenty else besides.
- Old Spitalfields Market One of London's best for young fashion designers.
- Annie's Vintage Costume & Textiles High-end Islington boutique specialising in recycled glamour.
- Traid Dalston not-for-profit selling both top-notch vintage duds and new clothes made from offcuts.
- Atika A massive selection of just about everything.
- Beyond Retro London vintage empire with a rock 'n' roll heart.
- Rellik Classic designer cast-offs from the 1950s to the 1990s.
- John Sandoe Books Gorgeous bookshop stuffed with gems.
- Peter Harrington First editions and rare books.
- Lutyens & Rubinstein Curated selections of exceptional writing.
- Foyles Stocks a brilliant selection covering most bases and incorporates the Grant & Cutler foreign-language bookshop.
- Hatchards London's oldest bookshop, selling the good stuff since 1797.
- Rough Trade East Excellent selection of vinyl and CDs, plus in-store gigs.
- Casbah Records Classic vinyl and memorabilia.
- Honest Jon’s For reggae, jazz, funk, soul, dance and blues junkies.
- Sounds of the Universe Soul, reggae, funk and dub CDs and vinyl, and some original 45s.
- Phonica Dance-music specialist but more besides.
- Fortnum & Mason A world of food in luxurious historic surroundings.
- Harrods Enormous, overwhelming and indulgent, with a world-famous food hall.
- Liberty Fabric, fashion and much, much more.
- Selfridges Over 100 years of retail innovation.
- Harvey Nichols Fashion, food, beauty and lifestyle over eight floors.