- Restaurant Nathan Outlaw Britain's best seafood restaurant, bar none.
- L’Enclume Experimental flavours and foraged ingredients from Simon Rogan.
- City Social Skyscraper views of London, with high-level food to match.
- Dinner by Heston Blumenthal Crazy flavours; madcap presentation. Heston's still the master.
- Cochon Aveugle Adventurous and inventive, this is York's finest dining.
- Sportsman Pub Is this England's best gastropub? Quite possibly.
- The Cross Culinary perfection in a romantic 19th-century inn.
- Star Inn Cracking country dining with premium Yorkshire produce.
- Sportsman Pub A Whitstable-born chef works wonders here.
- Anchor & Hope One of London's original gastropubs, still going strong.
- Pipe and Glass A Michelin surprise in Yorkshire's East Riding.
- Hind's Head Heston Blumenthal's pub in Bray is typically inventive.
- Dinner by Heston Blumenthal The scientist chef who pioneered molecular gastronomy.
- Menu Gordon Jones If the idea of eating out of test tubes and paper bags appeals, this Bath address is for you.
- Norse Scandinavian flavours with a healthy dash of fun on the side.
- Lake Road Kitchen Cumbrian tasting menus courtesy of Noma-trained James Cross.
- Restaurant Fraiche There's no menu at Marc Wilkinson's tiny restaurant in the Wirral, so surprises are guaranteed.
- Clove Club Started as a supper club, now it's a Michelin-sanctioned superstar.
By Budget: £
- Towpath Canalside cafe in East London made from shipping containers.
- Koi Ramen Bar Slurp Japanese noodles in ever-buzzy Brixton.
- Vaults & Garden Bargain lunches overlooking the Radcliffe Camera in Oxford.
- Iydea Veggie food galore at this hip Brighton hangout.
- Hidden Hut Cornish beachside cafe serving delicious snacks on the sand.
- Fellpack Fantastic, locally run Lakeland cafe in Keswick.
By Budget: ££
- Ottolenghi Islington's legendary Mediterranean cafe and bakery.
- Spiced Roots Zingy Caribbean flavours hit genteel Oxford.
- Riverstation Hard-to-beat Bristol stalwart near the harbour.
- Circus The best food, and the best value, in Bath.
- Mackie Mayor Select from 10 street-food vendors at this Manchester food market.
- Ox Club The best of British bistro dining in downtown Leeds.
By Budget: £££
- Restaurant Nathan Outlaw Cornwall's seafood maestro works wonders near Port Isaac.
- Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons Raymond Blanc's legendary Oxfordshire restaurant is a hymn to classic French cookery.
- Midsummer House Daniel Clifford’s double-Michelin-starred restaurant is Cambridge's finest.
- 20 Stories Dine 20 storeys up at this exciting rooftop restaurant in Manchester.
- House of Tides Multi-course menus in a former merchant's house in Newcastle.
- Elephant This Torquay fine-diner is more faultless than Fawlty Towers.