Checking insurance quotes…

Before You Go

Recommended Vacinations

No vaccinations are required to travel to Britain. Check with your medical provider in your own country before you travel.

Health Insurance

  • At time of writing, if you are an EU citizen you can get a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) from health centres which covers you for urgent medical treatment, including pre-existing conditions and routine maternity care. It won't cover costs such as being flown home in an emergency, so private travel insurance will also be needed. It's not yet clear whether the UK's departure from the EU (Brexit) will affect this arrangement – check for the latest before you travel.
  • Citizens from non-EU countries should check whether there is a reciprocal arrangement between their country and the UK.
  • If you do need health insurance, make sure you have a policy that covers you for the worst possible scenario, including emergency flights home.

In Bristol

Tap Water

Bristol's tap water is safe to drink.

Medical Services

Bristol Royal Infirmary Offers 24 hour emergency and urgent care.