Checking insurance quotes…

Before You Go

Recommended Vaccinations

No vaccinations are required to travel to Britain. Check with your medical provider in your own country before you travel.

Health Insurance

  • At time of writing, if you are an EU citizen, a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) – available from health centres or, in the UK, post offices – covers you for urgent medical treatment, including pre-existing conditions and routine maternity care. But it will not cover costs such as being flown home in an emergency, so private travel insurance will also be needed. It's not yet clear whether the UK's departure from the EU (Brexit) will affect this arrangement – check for the latest before you travel.
  • Citizens from non-EU countries should check whether there is a reciprocal arrangement between their country and the UK.
  • If you do need health insurance, make sure you have a policy that covers you for the worst possible scenario, including emergency flights home.

In Bath

Tap Water

Bath's tap water is safe to drink (in fact for centuries the city built an entire economy on people doing just that).

Medical Services

Royal United Hospital Offers 24 hour emergency and urgent care.