Information from Viator
Enjoy sampling 4 or 5 of Oxford's best and unique local food or drink market stalls or shops on this Oxford food tasting & sightseeing guided walking tour which takes in the top Oxford sights. We can cater to special dietary needs. Average number of clients on tour is 2-4 persons only. Food & drinks usually include artisan gins, Oxford cheese company or Italian style gelato plus a choice from a wide range of local, international food stalls at Oxford's international food market.
Did you know that Oxford's local population is one of the most cosmopolitan and international in the UK? Oxford is an outward looking European city which embraces the cultures and the cuisine of its local residents. One of the best aspects of traveling abroad is trying the local food but eating out in major tourist destinations can be a hit or miss experience, so it pays to find out where the locals like to eat and that's partly the mission behind this walking tour that combines the best of travel: food and sightseeing.You will be introduced to the best sightseeing spots and learn all about Oxford city and the history of its famous university but you will also sample savory and sweet foods from some of Oxford's best food stalls and of course, local food speciality shops. Your guided tour includes 4 to 5 food or drink portions at local market stalls or food and drink shops, including a visit to Oxford cheese company's shop which sells 'Oxford Blue' & other local cheese specialities.
- Food and drinks tasting portions
- Professional guide
What's not included
- Please note that as the university colleges are private institutions, we can't always guarantee entry to colleges but it is very rare that we cannot get entry into at least 1 or 2 colleges on the tour. Please take note of any advertised university graduation dates mentioned in as those dates can have less options of colleges to visit. The same applies for the period over Xmas from about Dec 22 to Jan 2, when few colleges are open to visit inside. On al these dates, few colleges are open & Divinity School likely is closed.
- Jan 19, March 2, March 9, May 4, May 11, July 13, July 23, July 26, July 27, Aug 2, Aug 3, Sep 14, Sep 27, Sep 28, Nov 1, Nov 2, Nov 9
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- Small group ensures personal service
- All entrance fees included
- All-inclusive tour