Information from G Adventures
This journey through Egypt packs in awe-inspiring culture and adventure in eight energetic days. Explore the ancient sites along the Nile and discover the most famous of them all, the Great Pyramid of Giza. Embrace the culture and meet remarkable people as you sample some traditional fare with a Nubian family in a local village. Feel the buzz of vibrant bazaars in Aswan and Luxor, but still manage to relax and watch life unfold as you sail the Nile in a traditional felucca.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Local Living Moment: Boat ride to Nubian Village with Traditional Meal, Aswān Your Discover Moment: Aswān Your Local Living Moment: Lunch with a Local Family, Luxor
- Pyramids of Giza and Sphinx guided tour
- Egyptian Museum guided tour
- Felucca overnight sailing excursion with support boat
- Karnak and Kom Ombo temples guided tour
- Temple of Hatshepsut and Valley of the Kings guided visit
- Colossi of Memnon visit
- All entrance fees to included monuments
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Enjoy dinner with a local family
- Spend the night on a felucca
- Explore ancient temples and monuments
- Hunt for deals in the bazaars
- Gaze at the pyramids and mysterious sphinx.
Day 1: Cairo Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Cairo/Aswān Tour the Great Pyramid of Giza and the Sphinx before a guided tour of the Egyptian Museum. Catch an overnight train to Aswan.
Day 3: Aswān Explore Aswan before visiting a Nubian village and enjoy a home-cooked dinner with a local family.
Day 4: Aswān Spend the day exploring Aswan.
Day 5: Aswān/Kom Ombo Sail the Nile on a traditional felucca. Sleep onboard under the stars.
Day 6: Kom Ombo/Luxor Enjoy a guided visit Kom Ombo Temple before driving to Luxor. En route, visit the Temple of Karnak.
Day 7: Luxor Visit the Colossi of Memnon, Valley of the Kings, and the Temple of Hatshepsut. Enjoy lunch with a local family on the West Bank of the Nile.
Day 8: Luxor/Cairo Fly back to Cairo where the tour ends upon on arrival to the Cairo International Airport in the morning.