When to Go
High Season (Oct–Feb)
- Egypt’s ‘winter’ is largely sunny and warm, with very occasional rain (more frequent on the Mediterranean).
- Be prepared for real chill in unheated hotels, especially in damp Alexandria.
Shoulder (Mar & May, Sep & Oct)
- Spring brings occasional dust storms disrupting flights.
- Heat can extend into October, when crowds are lighter.
- Warm seas and no crowds at Mediterranean spots in autumn.
Low Season (Jun–Aug)
- Scorching summer sun means only the hardiest sightseers visit Upper Egypt.
- Avoid the Western Desert.
- High season on the Mediterranean when the weather is cooler than elsewhere, but the coast is crowded and hotel rooms are hard to find.