Information from Viator
Travel through the desert from Hurghada to the ancient city of Luxor that's often called the world's greatest open air museum. On this comprehensive 1-day private tour, you'll visit Karnak Temple, the Colossi of Memnon, the Temple of Hatshepsut, and, of course, the Valley of the Kings. Lunch is included.
Your driver and Egyptologist guide will collect you from your Hurghada hotel at 5am to begin the 4-hour drive to Luxor by private, air-conditioned vehicle - be sure to request a breakfast box from reception. Start on the East Bank of the Nile, with a tour of Karnak Temple, a vast complex that was built and rebuilt over millennia: parts date back 4,000 years, others to Roman times. It's dedicated to the god Amun, his wife Mut, and their son Khonsu, the favored deities of ancient Thebes. Enjoy a well-deserved early lunch at a local restaurant, before crossing the Nile to explore Luxor's celebrated West Bank by car. Witness the mighty twin statues known as the Colossi of Memnon and the grand remains of the vast Temple of Hatshepsut, the female pharaoh who wore a beard like a king. Finally explore the Valley of the Kings, the necropolis where many of the kings of Thebes were buried in fabulously decorated tombs. The most famous tombs are King Tutmosis I, Tutmosis III, Tutankhamen, Ramses VI, and Amenhotep II: some of these, though not Tutankhamen, are open to the public at an extra charge. After the long drive home, you'll return to your hotel around 10:30pm. if necessary, please arrange a late dinner with reception.
- All transfers by a private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Multilingual escort throughout tour
- Local tour guide in Luxor
- All taxes & service charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Hatshepsut at Deir el Bahari
- Entry/Admission - Valley of the Kings
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Karnak
- Entry/Admission - Colossi of Memnon
What's not included
- Optional tours and entrance fees
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included