Money and Costs
Budget: Less than US$15
- Dorm bed: LE30–50
- Double room in a budget hotel: LE80–140
- Kushari: LE10
- Microbus for a day: LE10
- Double room in a hotel: US$50–80
- Lunch and dinner in local restaurants: US$30
- Admission to sights: US$20
- Short taxi trip: US$1
Top end: More than US$300
- Double room in a luxury hotel: US$150–200
- Lunch and dinner in an upscale restaurant: US$80
- Private tours and transport: US$80–120
Most major Egyptian banks have branches in Luxor, and there is no shortage of ATMs on the east bank. There are now a couple of ATMs on the west bank, but it is best not to count on them working.
American Express Currency exchange beside the entrance to the Winter Palace Hotel.
Travel Choice Egypt Currency exchange below the entrance to the Winter Palace Hotel.