Information from G Adventures
History class is way more interesting once you’ve stood where it all happened. Treat your kids to an unforgettable journey back to the age of the pharaohs on this incredible ten-day tour of Egypt’s ancient wonders. It begins with the iconic monuments and pyramids around Cairo, Abu Simbel and a cruise down the Nile. Next, it’s three full days in Luxor for temple visits, Karnak and a camel ride. Then, it’s off to the coast of the Red Sea for three days of well-earned downtime before heading home. Ancient history should always be this hands-on.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Local Living Moment: Boat ride to Nubian Village with Traditional Meal, Aswān Your Discover Moment: Luxor
- Visit the Pyramids and Cairo Museum
- Nile felucca cruise
- Dinner with Local Nubian Family in Aswan
- Visit the Valley of the Kings
- Camel Ride in the west bank in Luxor
- Lunch with Local family in Luxor
- Hurghada beach stay and snorkelling tour by Boat
- Gazing in awe at mummies in the ancient pyramids
- Snorkelling among brightly coloured fish in the red sea
- Riding a camel out in the desert
Day 1: Cairo Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer included.
Day 2: Cairo/Aswān Explore the Pyramids of Giza and visit the Sphinx. Opt to take a camel ride in Giza. Visit the Cairo Museum before boarding the overnight train to Aswan.
Day 3: Aswān Arrive in Aswan, wander the town before an included felucca cruise on the Nile takes you to a Nubian village.
Day 4: Aswān/Luxor Free morning to allow for an optional visit to Abu Simbel. In the afternoon, transfer along the Nile by bus to Luxor.
Day 5: Luxor Enjoy an early morning visit to the Valley of the Kings, including a camel ride and walking tour of Karnak temple.
Day 6: Luxor Free day in Luxor to explore. Time to visit the Luxor temple or the Mummification Museum. Opt to visit the Luxor Community Education Center.
Day 7: Luxor/Hurghada Travel day to Hurghada, located on the coast of the Red Sea.
Day 8: Hurghada Enjoy a snorkelling tour in one of the world's top destinations, the Red Sea.
Day 9: Hurghada Free day to lounge on the beach, wander the town, and do some shopping. Opt for a final group dinner.
Day 10: Hurghada/Cairo Fly to Cairo. The trip ends upon arrival at the airport. Please book onward travel any time after 1pm.