Information from Viator
Step back in time to the days of ancient Egypt on a private tour of the Great Pyramids of Giza and Sphinx, the necropolis of Sakkara and the former capital, Memphis. With your own private Egyptologist guide to lead the way on this private tour, you can determine the amount of time you'd like to spend at each of the sites you'll visit.
The Giza Plateau is only around 30 minutes from Cairo, where your qualified Egyptologist guide will provide a fascinating introduction to each of the three pyramids: Cheops, Khafre and Menakaure. You will have free time to enter one of the pyramids (additional cost), though your guide is not permitted to enter with you, or take a camel ride (additional cost). After visiting the pyramids, you'll continue across the plateau for a photo opportunity of the three pyramids rising from the sands, with the Cairo skyline in the background. A short drive to the city side of the plateau finds you standing at the feet of the Sphinx, for thousands of years the enigmatic symbol of Egypt. Also in Giza you may visit the Solar Boat Museum (optional), home to the remarkably well preserved funerary boat of Khufu. Your next stop is Sakkara, home of Egypt's oldest pyramid, built in 2650 B.C. Your guide will provide a brief history of the famous Step Pyramid and you'll have free time to walk around. Your final stop is Memphis, the ancient capital of Egypt. Here you will see artifacts from many of the great rulers of Egypt, including the fallen statue of Ramses II. You will also have the chance to visit a Papyrus Institute to see how the famous artwork is made.
- Experience a Private and an expert Qualified Egyptologist guide.
- Private transportation by air-conditioned minivan ;pick up from hotel and drop off.
- All taxes, fees , handling charges and Entrance fees to the sights.
- Entry to one of the queen Pyramid at the Giza plateau.
- Bottled mineral water during the tour.
- Lunch (if option selected).
What's not included
- Gratuities (recommended).
- Entrance to the inside of the the great Pyramid is 300L.E currently, and liable to change without prior notice.
- Camel rides at the Giza pyramids.
- Call Send SMSAdd to SkypeYou'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included