Information from Viator
No visit to Cairo is complete without seeing the majesty of the Great Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx. With your own private Egyptologist guide to lead the way, you'll enjoy personalized attention on your private tour of these famous symbols of Egypt's ancient civilization. As this is a private tour, you can determine the amount of time you'd like to spend at each of the sites you'll visit.
On the Giza plateau, the Great Pyramids and the Sphinx date back over 3,000 years. While there are actually over 100 pyramids in Egypt, the Pyramids of Giza are by far the most famous and are the last of the original Seven Wonders of the World. Your qualified Egyptologist guide will provide a fascinating introduction to each of the three pyramids: Cheops, Khafre and Menakaure. You will have free time to enter one of the pyramids (additional cost), although your guide is not permitted to enter with you.After visiting the pyramids, you'll then continue across the plateau for a photo opportunity of the three pyramids rising from the sands, with the Cairo skyline in the background.A short drive to the city side of the plateau finds you standing at the feet of the Sphinx, for thousands of years the enigmatic symbol of Egypt. The Sphinx has the body of a lion and the head of a king, and is surrounded in mystery, including the unanswered questions: who built it and why.In addition you will have the chance to visit a Papyrus Institute to see how this famous artwork is made. If you do not want to include this visit, just inform your guide on the day.
- Experience a Private and an expert Qualified Egyptologist guide.
- All taxes, fees , handling charges and Entrance fees to the sights.
- Entry to the solar boat museum.
- Private transportation by air-conditioned minivans ;pick up from hotel and drop off.
- Entry to one of the queen Pyramid at the Giza plateau.
- Bottled mineral water during the tour.
- Lunch (if option selected).
What's not included
- Gratuities (recommended).
- Entrance to the interior of the the great Pyramid is 300L.E currently, and liable to change without prior notice.
- Camel rides at the Pyramids.
- CallSend SMSAdd to SkypeYou'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- All entrance fees included
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included