Information from Viator
Look beyond the pyramids and pharaohs, and discover the Citadel of Salah el Din, Sultan Hassan and the Khan el-Khalili Bazaar. This private tour will give you a deeper insight into the rich history that is Egypt.
The Alabaster Mosque at the Citadel of Salah el-Din sits atop a limestone hill overlooking Cairo and is the most important mosque in the city. Still used a place of worship today by the Muslims of Cairo, the architectural masterpiece opens its doors to visitors of all faiths. Inside the mosque your guide will introduce you to the basic beliefs of Islam, including a translation of the most common prayers.Continuing to Khan el Khalili bazaar, your guide will give you an introduction to the famous markets which claim to have inspired Christopher Columbus to discover the USA. Enjoy free time to stroll through the maze of streets and try your luck bargaining with the shop owners for a souvenir of your trip to Egypt.Continue to the Mosque and Madrassa (school) of Sultan Hassan. Built between 1356 and 1363, and is believed to be one of the finest examples of Mamluk architecture in Cairo. The mosque is also considered one of the largest, not only in Cairo but in the whole Islamic world, measuring some 492 feet (150 meters) long and 118 feet (36 meters) high. The highest minaret is 223 feet (68 meters) tall.This is a private tour allowing you to determine the amount of time spent at each site during the tour. In addition you will have the chance to visit a Papyrus Institute to see how this famous artwork is made and have the chance to purchase genuine items if you wish. If you do not want to include this visit, just inform your guide on the day.
- Experience a Private and an expert Qualified Egyptologist guide.
- All taxes, fees , handling charges and Entrance fees to the sights.
- Transportation by private air-conditioned minivans ; pick up from hotel and drop off.
- Bottled mineral water during the tour.
- Lunch (if option selected).
- Free time for shopping.
What's not included
- Gratuities (recommended).
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included