Information from Viator
Already seen the Great Pyramids of Giza and Sphinx? Immerse yourself further into Egypt's history as your own private Egyptologist guide to leads the way on this private tour with an unmissable visit to the famous Egyptian Museum. Follow this with a stroll through Khan el-Khalili bazaar and a visit to Cairo's most popular Islamic attraction - the Alabaster Mosque.
Housing 165,000 Egyptian artifacts, the Egyptian Museum in Cairo attracts millions of visitors a year. The highlight for most are the priceless treasures of King Tutankhamun. His 6 gold gilded coffins dominate the main hall, while his magnificent death mask is the must-see item of the day. Your guide will introduce you to the most important pieces before allowing you free time to explore the museum at leisure.The Alabaster Mosque at the Citadel of Salah el-Din sits atop a limestone hill overlooking Cairo and is the most important mosque in the city. Still used as a place of worship today by the Muslims of Cairo, the architectural masterpiece opens its doors to visitors of all faiths. The lower part of the Mosque is clad inside and out with Alabaster, while the top part is constructed from the limestone cladding removed from the Pyramids of Giza.Inside the mosque your guide will introduce you to the basics of the beliefs of Islam, including a translation of the most common prayers.Continuing to Khan el Khalili bazaar, your guide will give you an introduction to the famous markets which claim to have inspired Christopher Columbus to discover the USA. Enjoy free time to stroll through the maze of streets and try your luck bargaining with the shop owners for a souvenir of your trip to Egypt. This is a private tour allowing you to determine the amount of time spent at each of the sites during the tour. In addition you will have the chance to visit a Papyrus Institute to see how this famous artwork is made and have the chance to purchase genuine items if you wish.
- Experience a Private and an expert Qualified Egyptologist guide.
- All taxes, fees , handling charges and Entrance fees to the sights.Transportation by private air-conditioned minivans ;pick up from hotel and drop off.
- Entry to the royal mummies' room inside the Egyptian museum.
- Bottled mineral water during the tour.
- Lunch (if option selected).
What's not included
- Gratuities (recommended).
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included