Information from Viator
The second most frequently visited and certainly one of the most important attractions in Cairo is the Egyptian Museum. You will find the fabulous collection of King Tutankhamun and monuments from all periods of Egyptian history, from the pre historic era to the Greco-Roman period.
First built in Boulak, in 1891 it was moved to the Giza Palace of "Ismail Pasha" which housed the antiquities that were later moved to the present building.Housing 165,000 Egyptian artifacts, the Egyptian Museum in Cairo attracts millions of visitors each year. The highlight for most are the rooms containing the priceless treasures of King Tutankhamun. His 6 gold gilded coffins, each one smaller and more intricately decorated than the last, dominate the main hall, while his magnificent death mask is the must-see item of the day.The Royal Mummies Room (additional cost) is another highlight of the Egyptian Museum. Here you can see the mummies of many great Egyptian rulers, including Ramses II, the builder of the temples at Abu Simbel. Throughout the rest of the museum you will find countless Egyptian artifacts dating back thousands of years. Your guide will introduce you to the most important pieces before allowing you free time to explore at leisure.This is a private tour allowing you to determine the amount of time spent at the museum. In addition you will have the chance to visit a Papyrus Institute to see how this famous artwork is made and have the chance to purchase genuine items if you wish. If you do not want to include this visit, just inform your guide on the day.
- Experience a Private and an expert Qualified Egyptologist guide.
- All taxes, fees , handling charges and Entrance fees to the sights.
- Private transportation by air-conditioned minivans ; pick up from hotel and drop off.
- Bottled mineral water during the tour.
- Lunch (if option selected).
What's not included
- Gratuities (recommended).
- Entrance to the Royal Mummies' room is LE 150 currently, and liable to change without prior notice.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included