Information from Viator
Tour the most famous sites on Luxor's West Bank in the company of an expert private guide. You'll step back into Egypt's ancient history at the Valley of the Kings and Hatshepsut Temple on this private morning tour from Luxor. As this is a private tour, you can determine the amount of time you'd like to spend at each site.
Crossing the Nile River to the West Bank, you'll visit the necropolis of the ancient city of Thebes. Arriving at the Valley of the Kings, burial place of the kings of Thebes (ancient Luxor), you will have a brief stop at the visitors center. Guides are not permitted inside the tombs, but your guide will tell you what to look for inside the elaborately decorated rooms. If you wish to visit the tomb of King Tutankhamun, an additional cost is payable direct.Leaving the hot sands of the Valley of the Kings, you will visit the Temple of Hatshepsut, one of the most striking monuments in Egypt. Your guide will introduce you to the history of the temple and the story of Queen Hatshepsut, the famous female ruler of Egypt who posed as a male to gain the throne. There is free time to explore at your leisure as you wander the large courtyards and admire the intricate hieroglyphic decorations.Returning to Luxor there will be time for a brief photo stop at the Colossi of Memnon, which mark the site of the funerary temple of Amenhotep III. These two giant statues standing tall and proud on the West Bank are all that remain of the ancient complex.In addition you will have the chance to visit an alabaster factory and purchase genuine items if you wish.
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Private transportation by air-conditioned minivans
- All taxes, fees , handling charges and Entrance fees to the sites.
- Bottled mineral water during the tour
- Entry to the best three tombs in the Valley of the Kings
- Visit the great Temple of the Queen Hatshipsut
- Enjoy the best photo opportunities of the Colossal of Memnon
- Experience the Alabaser handmade village
What's not included
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Tomb of king Tut-Ankh-Amun
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- All entrance fees included
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Editor's Pick