Information from G Adventures
The Amazon Rainforest is so full of life; embrace it for yourself during a week unlike any other. From Quito, you’ll travel to your new home in the jungle and meet the Quichua family who will host you in their village for the next four nights. Discover waterfalls on jungle walks and travel to an animal rescue centre by canoe. You’ll learn about medicinal plants and how to use a blowgun, experience a shaman ceremony, and walk to a jungle waterfall. Most importantly, you’ll befriend people few outsiders have the honour to even meet.
- Your G for Good Moment: Shandia Biking & Community Experience, Shandia Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Local Living Moment: Amazon Jungle Experience, Tena Your Wellness Moment: Mud Mask Therapy, Tena Your Foodie Moment: Chocolate Culinary Experience, Tena Your Hands-On Moment: Blowgun Contest and Demo, Tena
- Visit to amaZOOnico Animal Rescue Centre
- Walks to a viewpoint and a waterfall
- Medicinal plants jungle walk
- Shamanic ceremony
- Cultural night including a jungle marriage ceremony
- Transport between destinations and included activities
- Live like a local in the amazon rainforest
- Learn quichua traditions by interacting with your local hosts
- Visit an animal rescue centre and hone your blowgun skills.
Day 1: Quito Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Quito/Tena Travel by bus and truck into the Amazon Jungle. Spend the next 4 nights in rustic wooden huts with a local Quichua family in their small village. Walk to a viewpoint and get a natural mud face mask treatment.
Day 3: Tena Guided walk to a waterfall then return home for a cacao culinary experience and tasting. Learn about medicinal plants on an afternoon jungle walk.
Day 4: Tena Morning car and canoe ride to the amaZOOnico Animal Rescue Centre. Free time in the afternoon to relax in the jungle.
Day 5: Tena Visit the local community in the morning and experience a shamanic healing ceremony and a mock jungle marriage ceremony. Later, cycle to the nearby community of Shandia and discover the beauty of the Amazon with a member of the community as your guide.
Day 6: Tena/Quito Enjoy a blowgun demonstration and participate in a contest to show off new found skills. Say goodbye to your Quichua family, then travel back to Quito.
Day 7: Quito Depart at any time.