Information from G Adventures
Longing for an iconic island adventure? This weeklong jaunt to the Galápagos Islands is for you. You’ll hit up the beautiful islands of Santa Cruz, Floreana, and Isobela, taking in nature walks to spot exotic seabirds and flamboyant sea lions with plenty of opportunities for swimming and snorkelling these impossibly blue waters. Throw in a volcano hike and encounters with friendly sea lions and your camera will be getting a workout.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Arrival transfer
- Quito to Galápagos return flights
- Isabela Municipal Tax
- Charles Darwin Research Station visit
- Floreana swimming, snorkelling and Highlands excursion
- Visit the Isabela Flamingo Lagoon
- Visit "Wall of Tears" monument
- Sierra Negra Volcano hike and lava fields walk
- Isabela Giant Tortoise Breeding Centre visit
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Encounter incredible wildlife up close and in person
- Snorkel and swim with sea lions and other sea life
- Observe the famed blue footed boobie
- Hike up the active sierra negra volcano
- Visit the charles darwin research station and learn about natural history
Day 1: Quito Arrive at any time and transfer to the hotel.
Day 2: Quito/Santa Cruz Island Transfer to the Quito airport and catch a flight to the Galápagos. Arrive at Baltra and travel to the hotel in Santa Cruz. Later, visit the Charles Darwin Research Station for an introduction to some of the unique wildlife and history of the area.
Day 3: Puerto Ayora/Floreana Island Travel by speed boat to Floreana Island and the seaside lodge. Enjoy guided walks to observe the bird and animal life and learn about the natural history of the island. Opportunities for swimming and snorkelling.
Day 4: Floreana Island/Isabela Island After a tranquil night in the secluded lodge, head up to the seldom-visited highlands of Floreana. Later, continue by speedboat to Isabela Island and take a walk to Flamingo Lagoon, a flamingo breeding ground.
Day 5: Isabela Island Hike up the active Sierra Negra Volcano and walk around the rim of the second-largest volcanic crater in the world. Continue to the lava fields of Volcano Chico and enjoy lunch, admiring views of the surrounding volcanoes and islands.
Day 6: Isabela Island Visit the Giant Tortoise Breeding Centre. Later, opt to take a wildlife boat excursion to 'Islote Tintoreras' to view breeding whitetip reef sharks, marine iguanas, blue-footed boobies, rays, and penguins.
Day 7: Isabela Island/Puerto Ayora Travel by speed boat back to Santa Cruz Island and spend a free evening shopping or exploring the town of Puerto Ayora.
Day 8: Santa Cruz Island/Quito Transfer across Santa Cruz Island to the Baltra airport and fly back to Quito.
Day 9: Quito Depart at any time.