Information from G Adventures
Picture it: the Galápagos, viewed from the deck of the comfortable Monserrat as she cuts through blue waters bound for another island paradise loaded with natural splendour. But it’s not just a “look but can’t touch” situation – on this trip, you’ll get up-close and personal with aquatic wildlife like sea lions and turtles, hike over volcanic lava flows to check out the landscapes of Bartolomé, and relax on the stunning white-sand beaches of Santiago. Get out onto the high seas and start making better memories.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Cruise the Galápagos Islands aboard the Monserrat (7 nts)
- 2 Certified Galápagos National Park Service guide
- All meals aboard the Monserrat
- Highlands giant tortoises excursion
- Snorkelling at Sullivan Bay, Bartolomé Island, Bachas Beach, Chinese Hat, Isla Rábida and Puerto Egas
- Black Turtle Cove Excursion
- Sierra Negra Volcano Hike (Isabela Island)
- Giant Tortoise Breeding Centre
- All landings and excursions
- Snorkelling equipment and wetsuits
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- 7 nights cruising the galápagos national park aboard the monserrat
- Hike over the dramatic volcanic flows to a viewpoint on bartolomé
- Snorkel with sea lions and sea turtles
- Hike the sierra negra volcano – the largest basaltic caldera in the galápagos
- Choose to search for sea turtles or simply relax on the white-sand beaches of santiago
Day 1: Quito Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Quito/Puerto Ayora Early flight to Baltra. Meet the guide and transfer across the island of Santa Cruz to Puerto Ayora to board the ship. Take an afternoon excursion to the highlands to see giant tortoises in their natural habitat.
Day 3: Sullivan Bay/Bartolomé Island Visit Sullivan Bay on Santiago Island to see giant lava formations contrasting the white-coral sand beach. Continue to Bartolomé for a guided tour to see the dramatic volcanic features before hiking to a panoramic viewpoint.
Day 4: Bachas Beach/Cerro Dragón Visit the beach on Las Bachas and relax or swim in the crystal waters. Continue to Cerro Dragón on the west coast of Santa Cruz to see land iguanas and a saltwater lagoon frequented by flamingos and other species of birds.
Day 5: Black Turtle Cove/Mosquera Islet Take a morning panga ride and look for marine life in Black Turtle Cove before navigating back to Baltra for lunch. In the afternoon, sail to Mosquera and walk along the beach and observe the vast sea lion colonies.
Day 6: Isabela Island Arrive at Puerto Villamil, home to the small community that lives on Isabela Island. In the morning, hike the Sierra Negra volcano, which has the largest basaltic caldera in the Galápagos. Visit Las Tintoreras and the tortoise breeding centre in Puerto Villamil in the afternoon.
Day 7: Chinese Hat/Rábida Island Visit Chinese Hat for snorkelling opportunities and to observe the birds and sea lions. Take an afternoon excursion to Rábida to see a lagoon and sea lion colony.
Day 8: Puerto Egas/Santiago Island On a morning excursion to Puerto Egas, walk on a dark sand beach studded with rock formations and tidal pools. Continue to Playa Espumilla, one of the most idyllic beaches in the Galápagos Islands, which boasts thick mangroves and sea turtle nesting sites. Head to Buccaneer Cove to witness the towering cliff wall rock formations.
Day 9: North Seymour/Quito Visit North Seymour for guided walks to observe birds and wildlife, including vast sea lion colonies. Disembark at Baltra and fly back to Quito.
Day 10: Quito Depart at any time.