Information from G Adventures
The Galápagos islands are a hotbed of exotic wildlife and picturesque landscapes, and there’s no better way to view it all than from a comfortable ship like the Monserrat. On this trip, you’ll have the chance to relax on the beach, mingle with sea lions and turtles, and even hike a volcano. There’ll even be two naturalist guides on hand to help make this your most dynamic and educational adventure yet.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Cruise the Galápagos Islands aboard the Monserrat (4 nts)
- 2 Certified Galápagos National Park Service guide
- All meals aboard the Monserrat
- Sierra Negra Volcano Hike (Isabela Island)
- Giant Tortoise Breeding Centre
- Snorkelling at Chinese Hat, Isla Rábida and Puerto Egas
- All landings and excursions
- Snorkelling equipment and wetsuits
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- 4 nts cruising the galápagos national park aboard the monserrat
- Search for sea turtles in secluded bays and snorkel with sea lions
- Hike the sierra negra volcano – the largest basaltic caldera in the galápagos
- Choose to search for sea turtles or simply relax on the white-sand beaches of santiago
Day 1: Quito Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Quito/Isabela Island Fly to Baltra. Meet the guide and transfer to the boat. In the afternoon, sail to Mosquera Island and walk along the beach and observe the vast sea lion colonies.
Day 3: Isabela Island Arrive at Puerto Villamil, home to the small community that lives on Isabela Island. In the morning, hike the Sierra Negra volcano, which has the largest basaltic caldera in the Galápagos. Visit Las Tintoreras and the tortoise breeding centre in Puerto Villamil in the afternoon.
Day 4: Chinese Hat/Rábida Island Visit Chinese Hat for snorkelling opportunities and to observe the birds and sea lions. Take an afternoon excursion to Rábida to see a lagoon and sea lion colony.
Day 5: Puerto Egas/Santiago Island On a morning excursion to Puerto Egas, walk on a dark sand beach studded with rock formations and tidal pools. Continue to Playa Espumilla, one of the most idyllic beaches in the Galápagos Islands, which boasts thick mangroves and sea turtle nesting sites. Head to Buccaneer Cove to witness the towering cliff wall rock formations.
Day 6: North Seymour/Quito Visit North Seymour for guided walks to observe birds and wildlife, including vast sea lion colonies. Disembark at Baltra and fly back to Quito.
Day 7: Quito Depart at any time.