Information from G Adventures
Climb aboard the comfortable Estrella for seven nights of in-depth exploration of the Galápagos, including the less visited western islands. You'll witness a nesting site for the flightless cormorant on Isabela Island, hike the Sierra Negra volcano, and catch great views amidst the largest colony of marine iguanas on Fernandina Island, the youngest in the archipelago. With air-conditioned cabins – all featuring private baths and views to the ocean – and included snorkelling equipment, this will be a trip you'll never forget.
- Cruise the Galápagos Islands aboard the Estrella (7 nts)
- All meals aboard the Estrella
- Certified Galápagos National Park Service Guide
- Excursion to see giant tortoises in the wild (Santa Cruz Island)
- Visit to the largest marine iguana colony in the Galápagos (Fernandina Island)
- Chance to see flightless cormorants and penguins (Isabela Island)
- Sierra Negra Hike (Isabela Island)
- Visit to the Charles Darwin Research Station (Santa Cruz Island)
- Hike to Tortuga Bay (Santa Cruz Island)
- Visit to a wildlife interpretation centre (San Cristóbal Island)
- Onboard snorkelling equipment and wetsuits
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Seven nights cruising the galápagos islands aboard the estrella
- Explore the least visited islands of isabela and fenandina to see massive bird colonies and impressive volcanos
- Relax on santiago island's white-sand beach
- Hike to the top of the sierra negra volcano the most recently active volcano in the galápagos
- Go snorkelling with sea lions and search for turtles and rays
Day 1: Quito Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Quito/Puerto Ayora Take an early flight to the Galápagos Islands and transfer to Puerto Ayora and board the ship. Spend the afternoon in the highlands seeing giant tortoises in the wild and exploring lava tunnels.
Day 3: Chinese Hat/Rábida Island Spend the morning exploring lava flows and lava tunnels on the small island of Chinese Hat. After, enjoy a refreshing dip in turquoise waters. Search for fish and sea turtles in the protected bay. In the afternoon, explore the red sand beaches and salt water lagoons of this tiny island. Look for wading flamingos and nesting pelicans before heading out to do some snorkelling.
Day 4: Playa Espumilla/Puerto Egas In the morning, see the towering cliffs of Buccaneer Cove and keep an eye out for the hundreds of birds nesting on the edge. Later, land at Puerto Egas home to the elusive Galápagos hawk. Visit the salt crater as well as a dark-sand beach and tidal pools.
Day 5: Punta Espinoza/Urbina Bay Enjoy a morning visit to Punta Espinoza on Fernandina, the youngest of the Galápagos Islands. Witness the large colony of sea lions, marine iguanas, and a variety of birdlife. In the afternoon, travel to Urbina Bay, located at the base of Alcedo Volcano. Keep an eye out for land iguanas.
Day 6: Elizabeth Bay/Punta Moreno Pay a morning visit to Elizabeth Bay which offers amazing bird and marine life viewing opportunities. Head out on the pangas and explore the shallows and mangroves to look for sea turtles and penguins. In the afternoon, land at Punta Moreno on the southwest coast of Isabela to see lava formations, flamingos, and amazing views of the three most active volcanoes in the Galápagos Islands.
Day 7: Isabela Island Early landing in the small town of Puerto Villamil before beginning the hike to the Sierra Negra Volcano, which has the largest basaltic caldera in the Galápagos. Later on, visit las Tintoreras, one of the best places to see sharks and other marine wildlife. Choose to visit the wet lands or the tortoise breeding centre in the Puerto Villamil area.
Day 8: Santa Cruz Island Take the morning to explore Puerto Ayora, the largest town in the Galápagos. Visit the Charles Darwin Research Station, do some shopping, and see how locals live in the islands. After lunch on board, hike to the beautiful beach at Tortuga Bay. Choose to relax on the white sand or rent a kayak and search for rays and turtles in the shallow waters.
Day 9: Puerto Baquerizo Moreno/Quito Disembark early and visit the San Cristóbal Interpretation Centre on the island before flying back to Quito. Enjoy an evening in Quito.
Day 10: Quito Depart at any time.