Information from G Adventures
Animal lovers have the ultimate vacation ahead with this eight-day tour through the Galápagos. Aboard the Eden, the latest addition to G Adventures' Galápagos fleet, you'll visit islands in the south and east, observing an incredible array of rare animal species along the way. Spot marine iguanas in the lagoons of Floreana Island, reef sharks in an underwater volcanic cone, and friendly sea lions at Isla Lobos. You'll gain a whole new appreciation for Mother Nature by the end of this incredible tour.
- Cruise the Galápagos Islands aboard the Eden (5 nts)
- All meals aboard the Eden
- Certified Galápagos National Park Service Guide
- Highlands giant tortoises excursion (Santa Cruz)
- Visit to Post Office Bay (Floreana Island)
- Isla lobos visit
- Santa Fé and South Plazas excursions
- Visit the Charles Darwin Research Station (Santa Cruz)
- Snorkelling at Corona del Diablo and Gardner Bay
- Onboard snorkelling equipment and wetsuits
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- See giant tortoises in the highlands of santa cruz
- Spot nocturnal barn owls
- Snorkel in corona del diablo
- Visit contrasting green and white sand beaches on floreana island
- See napping reef sharks at the bottom of gardner bay
Day 1: Quito Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Quito/Santa Cruz Catch an early flight to the Galápagos. In the afternoon, visit the highlands to see giant tortoises in their natural habitat.
Day 3: Floreana Island/Punta Cormorant Visit Post Office Bay and enjoy guided walks to observe birds and wildlife, and learn about the natural history of Floreana Island. After, snorkel at Corona del Diablo.
Day 4: Punta Suárez/Bahía Gardner Enjoy the day on Española Island, one of the oldest in the archipelago. Visit Punta Suárez, known for its amazing bird colonies and home to the waved albatross (between April and December). After lunch, visit the white sandy beach of Gardner Bay and jump in for a snorkelling excursion.
Day 5: San Cristóbal Island Travel to the dramatic Kicker Rock in the morning to witness the steep vertical stone walls rising from the ocean and enjoy some of the best snorkelling in the Galápagos. Later, learn about the history of the Islands at the San Cristóbal Interpretation Centre. In the afternoon, head to Isla Lobos known for its friendly sea lions.
Day 6: Santa Fé Island/South Plaza Visit Santa Fe island for a chance to mingle with the iguanas and visit an endemic Giant Cactus Forest. Continue to South Plaza for some great bird watching opportunities.
Day 7: Santa Cruz Island/Quito In the morning, visit the Charles Darwin Research Center before flying back to Quito. Enjoy an evening in Quito.
Day 8: Quito Depart at any time.