Information from G Adventures
Cruise aboard the comfortable Estrella as you cast your net around the southern islands of the Galápagos. Meet marine iguanas on Santa Fé and blue-footed boobies on North Seymour. Encounter sea lions and a beautiful saltwater lagoon on Española Island. Snorkelling gear is included and a Naturalist Guide is on hand to offer expert insights. Best of all, after a full day of adventure, you can enjoy sunset drinks on deck before retiring to your air-conditioned cabin – private bath and an ocean view are standard. And, as always with G Adventures, our vessels are exclusive, so you know you're exploring in good company.
- Cruise the Galápagos Islands aboard the Estrella (7 nts)
- All meals aboard the Estrella
- Certified Galápagos National Park Service Guide
- Snorkelling at Isla Lobos, Kicker Rock, Gardner Bay, Corona del Diablo and Darwin Bay
- Post Office Bay visit (Floreana)
- Spot frigatebirds and blue-footed boobies (North Seymour Island)
- Hike to the Bartolomé Island viewpoint overlooking the famous Pinnacle Rock
- Excursion to see red-footed boobies (Genovesa Island)
- Excursion to see giant tortoises in the wild (Santa Cruz Island)
- Onboard snorkelling equipment and wetsuits
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Seven nights cruising in the galápagos islands onboard the estrella
- Explore the marine wonderland of kicker rock – one of the galápagos' most famous sites
- Snorkel in the caldera of a collapsed volcano and search for marine life on genovesa
- Hike over the dramatic volcanic rock formations on bartolomé
- Search for land iguanas on santa fe
- Come face-to-face with giant 100-year-old tortoises
Day 1: Quito Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Quito/Puerto Baquerizo Moreno Fly to San Cristóbal Island. Meet the guide and transfer to the boat. Visit Isla Lobos in the afternoon.
Day 3: Punta Pitt/Cerro Brujo Enjoy a morning visit to Punta Pitt, the only site in the Galápagos where it is possible to see the three species of boobies as well as frigatebirds, all nesting in the same area. Walk up to the colonies along the lava flows of this volcanic island. In the afternoon, visit the beautiful white powdery sand beaches of Cerro Brujo and snorkel with the marine life at the famous Leon Dormido, otherwise known as Kicker Rock, off San Cristóbal.
Day 4: Bahía Gardner/Punta Suárez Arrive in the southern islands to spend the morning on the beach. Play the with sea lions and enjoy some of the best snorkelling in Bahia Gardner. Later, head to Punta Suárez on the extreme western side of Española and go for an amazing coastal walk with opportunities to see the Galápagos albatross, which generally nests between April and November.
Day 5: Floreana Island Spend the morning visiting Mirador de la Baronesa on Floreana island and send a postcard from famous Post Office Bay. In the afternoon, enjoy a snorkelling excursion at the Corona del Diablo and landing at Punta Cormorant. Take guided walks to observe the birds and wildlife and learn about the natural history.
Day 6: North Seymour/Bartolomé Island Early breakfast and landing at North Seymour in the morning to observe frigatebirds and blue-footed boobies. Afternoon hike up to the top of Bartolomé Island to see pinnacle rock one of the most famous views of the Galápagos. Cool off with a swim from the soft sandy beach.
Day 7: Genovesa Island Take a morning walk up the caldera to see red-footed boobies and other birds before searching for marine life in the protected Bahia Darwin. Enjoy an afternoon hike to the Prince Philip steps to get an amazing view of the island.
Day 8: Islas Plaza/Santa Fé Island Enjoy a morning walk around South Plaza islet looking out for marine birds and sea lions swimming in the turquoise waters. Later, explore Santa Fé keeping a close eye out for land iguanas in the unique cactus forest.
Day 9: Puerto Ayora/Quito Early morning visit to see the giant tortoises and lava tunnels in the highlands before heading to the airport and flying back to Quito.
Day 10: Quito Depart at any time.