Information from G Adventures
Encounter the island chain that has enchanted explorers since Darwin first weighed anchor off its shores. Spend seven days exploring the incredible wildlife of the Galápagos archipelago in the company of an expert Naturalist Guide. In the evenings, return to the spacious and comfortable Archipell I to reflect on the day’s adventure under a canopy of stars. Retire to air-conditioned cabins with exclusive lower berths and private bathrooms.
- Cruise the Galápagos Islands aboard the Archipell I (7 nts)
- Arrival transfer
- All meals aboard the Archipell I
- Certified Galápagos National Park Service Guide
- Snorkelling at Darwin Bay and Gardner Bay
- North Seymour visit
- Excursion to see red-footed boobies (Genovesa Island)
- Hike to the Bartolomé Island viewpoint overlooking the famous Pinnacle Rock
- Walk along lava formations (Santiago Island)
- Visit to the Charles Darwin Research Station (Santa Cruz Island)
- Highlands and wild tortoise excursion
- Visit to Post Office Bay (Floreana Island)
- Visits to Gardner Bay and Punta Suarez (Española Island)
- Wildlife encounters at Cerro Brujo and Punta Pitt (San Cristóbal Island)
- All landings, excursions, and transportation
- Onboard snorkelling equipment and wetsuits
- Seven nights cruising and exploring the galápagos national park aboard the archipell i
- Snorkel with sea lions and sea turtles
- Find colonies of frigatebirds and boobies on the cliffs of genovesa
- Gain deeper insight from your galápagos national park guide into the ecology of the galápagos islands.
Day 1: Quito Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer included.
Day 2: Quito/Santa Cruz Island Early flight to Santa Cruz Island. Meet the guide and transfer to the ship. Visit North Seymour and enjoy the first taste of the diversity of wildlife in these enchanted islands. Enjoy great views of nesting seabirds, including frigatebirds and vast sea lion colonies.
Day 3: Genovesa Island Head to Genovesa Island, known for its diversity and density of seabirds. Visit El Barranco and marvel at the sheer number of birds along the cliffs. Continue on to Darwin Bay in the afternoon to see the many types of boobies, including the rare red-footed boobies.
Day 4: Bartolomé Island/Santiago Island Visit Bartolomé for a guided tour to see dramatic volcanic features before hiking to the famous panoramic viewpoint overlooking Pinnacle Rock. Continue on to Sullivan Bay on Santiago Island to see giant lava formations contrasting the white-coral sand beach.
Day 5: Santa Cruz Island Visit the Charles Darwin Research Station and take an afternoon excursion to the highlands to see giant tortoises in the wild and learn about the volcanic formations of the islands.
Day 6: Floreana Island Visit Punta Cormorant to see its multi-coloured sandy beaches and flamingos. Send a postcard from Post Office Bay and snorkel nearby in the turquoise waters packed with marine-life. In the afternoon, head up to Mirador de la Baronesa and learn about its mysterious history.
Day 7: Española Island Sail in to Gardner Bay, an excellent swimming and snorkelling site. Head to Punta Suarez on Española Island. The southernmost island in the Galápagos archipelago is home to several wildlife species, including masked and blue-footed boobies. A hike to the top of the cliff makes for spectacular photo opportunities.
Day 8: San Cristóbal Island Enjoy a morning visit to Punta Pitt, the only site in the Galápagos where it is possible to see the three species of boobies as well as frigatebirds, all nesting in the same area. Walk up to the colonies along the lava flows of this volcanic island. In the afternoon, visit the beautiful white powdery sand beaches of Cerro Brujo.
Day 9: Puerto Baquerizo Moreno/Quito Visit Isla Lobos and its frolicking sea lions before flying back to Quito.
Day 10: Quito Depart at any time.