Information from G Adventures
Sure, you don’t need to cruise the Galápagos from a spiffy boat, but it sure doesn’t hurt, does it? Set sail aboard the majestic Evolution for a journey through the archipelago's northern and central islands. Snorkel with playful sea lions at Chinese Hat, discover the sprawling booby and frigatebird colonies of Genovesa Island and pick up some outgoing mail at Post Office Bay. With a pair of Level III naturalist guides ready to lend a hand, you’ll return home with a better appreciation for this delicate region than you’d ever thought possible.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- 7 nts in the Galápagos Islands aboard the Evolution
- Arrival transfer on Day 1
- Flights to and from the Galápagos Islands
- All meals aboard the Evolution
- 2 Certified Galápagos National Park Service guides and cruise director
- All landings, excursions, and transportation
- Snorkelling equipment
- Sea kayaks
- Visit to a wildlife interpretation centre
- Seven nights cruising through the galápagos national park aboard the evolution
- Snorkel with penguins and playful sea lions in a clam cove at chinese hat
- Explore the impressive booby and frigate bird colonies of genovesa island
- Send a postcard from the barrel at port office bay and take home others to return yourself
- Gain a deeper understanding of the ecology of the galápagos at the charles darwin foundation
Day 1: Quito Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Quito/Puerto Baquerizo Moreno Fly to San Cristóbal. Meet the CEO and transfer to the boat. Snorkel at the dramatic Kicker Rock to search for marine life and witness its steep vertical stone walls that extend from the ocean. Relax on the beach.
Day 3: Islas Plaza/Mosquera Islet Land at South Plaza in the morning for wildlife spotting opportunities. In the early afternoon, snorkel at Punta Carrion then head to Daphne Island and marvel at its interesting geology.
Day 4: Chinese Hat/Santiago Island Visit Chinese Hat. Observe the birds and sea lions and enjoy great snorkelling opportunities. Spend the afternoon on James Bay, home to one of the most outstanding volcanic sites in the Galápagos.
Day 5: Genovesa Island Land at Genovesa Island, an old imploded volcano, to observe the massive colonies of frigatebirds, boobies, and other seabirds as well as striking volcanic cliffs rising from the ocean. Visit the sites of Darwin Bay and Prince Philip's Steps.
Day 6: North Seymour/Santa Fé Island Explore the small but wildlife rich islands of North Seymour and Santa Fé. Find nesting frigatebirds, large colonies of sea lions, and marine iguanas on North Seymour and search for land iguanas in the prickly pear forest on Santa Fé.
Day 7: Floreana Island Land at Post Office Bay on Floreana Island. Guided walks to observe the bird and wildlife and learn about the natural history. Visit Cormorant Point in the afternoon. Snorkelling excursion at the Corona del Diablo.
Day 8: Puerto Ayora Spend the day exploring Santa Cruz Island visiting the Charles Darwin Research Station in Puerto Ayora. See giant tortoises in the wild in the highlands and learn about the volcanic creation of the Galápagos.
Day 9: Black Turtle Cove/Quito Enjoy an early morning panga ride through the mangroves at Black Turtle Cove before disembarking at Baltra and flying back to Quito.
Day 10: Quito Depart at any time.