Information from G Adventures
See nature documentaries and animal biology textbooks come to life on this seven-day sailing trip around the Galápagos' north and central islands. On this unique territory, you'll spot some of the rarest, most treasured animal species on the globe. See red-footed boobies at El Barranco (one of two locations to spot the bird), snorkel around underwater craters to witness incredible marine life, and visit the Charles Darwin Research Station to spot giant Galápagos tortoises. Your journey is hosted aboard the latest addition to the G Adventures fleet— Eden — equipped with amenities that have your comfort and exploratory spirit in mind.
- Cruise the Galápagos Islands aboard the Eden (4 nts)
- All meals aboard the Eden
- Certified Galápagos National Park Service Guide
- Excursion to see red-footed boobies (Genovesa Island)
- Hike to the Bartolomé Island viewpoint overlooking the famous Pinnacle Rock
- Snorkelling at Darwin Bay and Sullivan Bay
- Onboard snorkelling equipment and wetsuits
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Spot sally lightfoot crabs on bachas beach
- Marvel at birds gathering along darwin bay
- Snorkel alongside schools of tropical fish
- Visit el barranco (one of two locations to see red-footed boobies)
- Walk along volcanic formations on bartolomé island
- See giant galápagos tortoises at the charles darwin research station
Day 1: Quito Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Quito/Baltra Island Take an early flight to the Galápagos Islands. Head to Bachas Beach to observe Sally Lightfoot crabs, sea lions, and the occasional flamingo.
Day 3: Genovesa Island Visit Darwin Bay and marvel at the sheer number of birds along the many trails. Head to El Barranco in the afternoon to see the many types of boobies, including red-footed boobies.
Day 4: Bartolomé Island/Sullivan Bay Visit Bartolomé for a guided tour to see the island's dramatic volcanic features. Continue to Sullivan Bay on Santiago Island to witness the giant lava formations contrasting the white-coral-sand beach.
Day 5: Black Turtle Cove/Cerro Dragón Search for marine life in the mangroves at Black Turtle Cove by panga, after, spot a variety of birdlife at Cerro Dragón.
Day 6: Santa Cruz Island/Quito Disembark in Puerto Ayora and visit the Charles Darwin Research Station to see the giant Galápagos tortoises. Fly back to Quito.
Day 7: Quito Depart at any time.