Information from G Adventures
Curious to explore the Galápagos but don't have a whole lot of time? Step aboard the roomy Monserrat and join us on this cruising adventure through the archipelago's central and eastern islands – including an extra day on the island and a stay in a deluxe hotel so you can get the most out of your trip. Snorkel with sea lions, discover the unusual endemic marine life in secluded bays, check out the curious marine iguanas (the only kind in the world that swim for their food), and stroll through the cactus forests of South Plaza Island. With a pair of naturalist guides on hand to answer your questions, you'll return home more educated and invigorated than you'd ever get from a nature documentary.
- Cruise the Galápagos Islands aboard the Monserrat (3 nts)
- 2 Certified Galápagos National Park Service Guides
- All meals aboard the Monserrat
- Overnight on Santa Cruz Island
- Tortuga Bay hike and kayak (Santa Cruz Island)
- Visit to Charles Darwin Research Station (Santa Cruz Island)
- Highlands giant tortoises excursion (Santa Cruz Island)
- Sante Fé hiking excursion
- Snorkelling at Sante Fé and Punta Pitt
- Interpretation Centre Visit (San Cristóbal)
- All landings and excursions
- Snorkelling equipment and wetsuits
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- 1 night in pueto ayora
- Hike the beautiful beach of tortuga bay with an included kayak trip
- 3 nights cruising the galápagos national park aboard the monserrat
- Discover spectacular marine life in protected bays and go snorkeling with sea lions
- Find land iguanas feeding in the cactus forests on south plaza island
- Come face-to-face with 100-year-old giant tortoises
Day 1: Quito Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Quito/Puerto Ayora Fly to the Galápagos, meet the CEO and transfer to Puerto Ayora, a port town. Check into the hotel and after lunch, hike to Tortuga Bay and explore the mangroves by kayaking.
Day 3: Puerto Ayora Morning visit to the Charles Darwin Research Station. Transfer to the boat to meet the guide and get on board. In the afternoon, enjoy the highlands. Visit a tortoise ranch and see some of the amazing volcanic formations on Santa Cruz.
Day 4: Islas Plaza/Santa Fé Island Land at South Plaza in the morning for wildlife spotting opportunities and a walk through the cactus forest. In the afternoon, take a guided walk around Santa Fé to observe wildlife and plentiful marine iguanas.
Day 5: Punta Pitt/Puerto Baquerizo Moreno Morning landing at Punta Pitt on San Cristóbal Island to observe the marine iguanas and seabirds along the beach. Head to La Galapaguera for opportunities to see giant tortoises and enjoy a snorkelling excursion.
Day 6: Puerto Baquerizo Moreno/Quito Explore the port town of Puerto Baquerizo, the capital of the Galápagos. Visit the San Cristóbal Interpretation Centre before the flight back to Quito.
Day 7: Quito Depart at any time.