Information from G Adventures
Encounter the island chain that has enchanted explorers since Darwin first weighed anchor off its shores. Spend a week exploring the incredible wildlife of the Galápagos archipelago in the company of an expert Naturalist Guide. In the evenings, return to the spacious and comfortable Archipell I to reflect on the day’s adventure under a canopy of stars. Retire to air-conditioned cabins with exclusive lower berths and private bathrooms.
- Cruise the Galápagos Islands aboard the Archipell I (7 nts)
- Arrival transfer
- All meals aboard the Archipell I
- Certified Galápagos National Park Service Guide
- Snorkelling at Champion Islet and Bachas Beach
- Visit to la Galapaguera de Cerro Colorado (San Cristóbal Island)
- Guided walks on South Plaza and Santa Fé Islands
- Visit to Asilo de la Paz (Pirate's Cave) and La Loberia (Floreana Island)
- Charles Darwin Research Station Visit (Santa Cruz Island)
- Excursion to see giant tortoises in the wild
- Giant Tortoise Breeding Centre (Isabela Island)
- Flamingo Lagoon and Tintoreras visit
- Excursion to Punta Moreno and Tagus Cove
- Elizabeth Bay panga ride
- Visit to Punta Espinoza (Fernandina Island)
- All landings and excursions
- Onboard snorkelling equipment and wetsuits
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Seven nights cruising and exploring the galápagos national park aboard the archipell i
- Multiple opportunities to snorkel with sea lions and sea turtles
- Explore the less-visited islands of isabela and fernandina
- Come face-to-face with 100-year-old giant tortoises
- Learn the differences between marine and land iguanas from your naturalist guide
Day 1: Quito Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer included.
Day 2: Quito/San Cristóbal Island Early flight to San Cristóbal Island. Meet the guide and transfer to the ship. Afternoon visit to La Galapaguera to see giant tortoises.
Day 3: South Plaza/Santa Fé Island Morning landing at South Plaza, enjoy sea bird spotting opportunities and a walk through the cactus forest, home to one of the largest populations of land iguanas in the islands. In the afternoon visit Santa Fé, one of the smallest islands packed with sea lions, a prickly pear forest, and land iguanas.
Day 4: Floreana Island Visit Champion Islet for a morning snorkel excursion. In the afternoon, enjoy guided walks to observe seabirds, wildlife, and learn about the history of settlers on Floreana Island.
Day 5: Puerto Ayora Visit the Charles Darwin Research Station and the highlands of Santa Cruz to try to see giant land tortoises in the wild, then enjoy free time to explore Puerto Ayora.
Day 6: Isabela Island In the morning, visit Las Tintoreras, a small island in front of Puerto Villamil, home to a colony of whitetip reef sharks and a variety of marine life. In the afternoon, visit the tortoise breeding centre to see the famous giants of the Galápagos.
Day 7: Isabela Island/Elizabeth Bay Land at Punta Moreno on the southwest coast of Isabela to see lava formations, flamingos, and amazing views of the three most active volcanoes in the Galápagos Islands. Visit Elizabeth Bay which offers amazing bird and marine life viewing opportunities. Head out in the pangas and explore the shallows and mangroves to look for sea turtles and penguins.
Day 8: Tagus Cove/Fernandina Island Stop for a visit at Tagus Cove and hike to a lookout to get a stunning view of the bay. Spot old graffiti on the cliffs from whalers and pirates who once visited the cove. Continue to Punta Espinoza on Fernandina Island, the youngest of the Galápagos Islands. Witness the large colony of marine iguanas and a variety of bird life.
Day 9: Bachas Beach/Quito Explore the white sand Bachas Beach before flying back to Quito.
Day 10: Quito Depart at any time.