Information from G Adventures
There’s simply no better place to appreciate the magic of this precious little blue planet of ours than the Galápagos Islands. Join us aboard the roomy Monserrat for a mind-expanding cruising adventure through the archipelago's central, southern and eastern islands. Hike the dramatic black lava flows of volcanic Bartolomé Island, snorkel with sea lions and other aquatic beasts, go for a hike on Española or opt to laze about on her white-sand beaches instead. With a pair of naturalist guides on hand to answer your questions, you'll come home with a perspective you simply can’t put a price tag on.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Cruise the Galápagos Islands aboard the Monserrat (7 nts)
- 2 Certified Galápagos National Park Service guide
- All meals aboard the Monserrat
- Snorkelling at Isla Lobos, Gardner Island, Champion Islet, Sullivan Bay, Bartolomé Island and Bachas Beach
- Jacinto Gordillo Breeding Center
- Post Office Bay Visit
- Charles Darwin Research Station Visit
- Highlands giant tortoises excursion
- Black Turtle Cove Excursion
- All landings and excursions
- Snorkelling equipment and wetsuits
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Seven nights cruising the galápagos national park aboard the monserrat
- Hike over the dramatic volcanic flows to a viewpoint on bartolomé
- Snorkel with sea lions and sea turtles
- Choose to hike along or simply relax on the white-sand beaches of española island
- Come face-to-face with 100-year-old giant tortoises
Day 1: Quito Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Quito/Puerto Baquerizo Moreno Catch an early flight to San Cristóbal Island. In the afternoon, visit Isla Lobos and be greeted by sea lions frolicking in the waves.
Day 3: Cerro Brujo Starting on the north coast of San Cristóbal, land at Cerro Brujo to observe the sea lions, marine iguanas, and seabirds along the beach. Spend the afternoon visiting the tortoise breeding area in the highlands rich with endemic flora.
Day 4: Bahía Gardner/Punta Suárez Enjoy the day on Española Island, one of the oldest in the archipelago. Visit the white sandy beach of Gardner Bay's and the bird colonies of Punta Suárez.
Day 5: Punta Cormorant/Floreana Island Land at Punta Cormorant on Floreana. Guided walks to observe the bird and wildlife and learn about the natural history. Snorkelling excursion at Champion Islet. Visit Post Office Bay.
Day 6: Puerto Ayora Spend the day exploring the island of Santa Cruz. Visit the Fausto Llerena Breeding Centre and take an afternoon excursion to the highlands to see giant tortoises in the wild and learn about the volcanic formations of the islands.
Day 7: Sullivan Bay/Bartolomé Island Visit Sullivan Bay on Santiago Island to see giant lava formations contrasting the white-coral sand beach. Continue to Bartolomé for a guided tour to see the dramatic volcanic features before hiking to a panoramic viewpoint.
Day 8: Bachas Beach/Cerro Dragón Visit the beach on Las Bachas and relax or swim in the crystal waters. Continue to Cerro Dragón on the west coast of Santa Cruz to see land iguanas and a saltwater lagoon frequented by flamingos and other species of birds.
Day 9: Black Turtle Cove/Quito Take a morning panga ride and look for marine life in Black Turtle Cove. Disembark at Baltra and fly back to Quito.
Day 10: Quito Depart at any time.