Information from G Adventures
Encounter the island chain that has enchanted explorers since Darwin first weighed anchor off its shores. Spend seven nights exploring the incredible wildlife of the Galápagos archipelago in the company of an expert Naturalist Guide. In the evenings, return to the Xavier to reflect on the day’s adventures. Retire to air-conditioned cabins with exclusive lower berths and private bathrooms – that’s why you'll never end up on another operator's ship.
- Cruise the Galápagos Islands aboard the Xavier (7 nts)
- All meals aboard the Xavier
- Certified Galápagos National Park Service Guide
- Highlands and wild tortoise excursion (Santa Cruz Island)
- Snorkelling at Chinese Hat, Isla Lobos, North Seymour and Sullivan Bay
- Visit to a wildlife interpretation centre (San Cristóbal Island)
- Hike to the Bartolomé Island viewpoint overlooking the famous Pinnacle Rock
- Visit to the Charles Darwin Research Station (Santa Cruz Island)
- All landings and excursions
- Onboard snorkelling equipment and wetsuits
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Seven nights cruising through the galápagos national park aboard xavier
- Snorkelling with sea lions and discovering amazing marine life
- Coming face-to-face with 200-year-old giant tortoises
- Hiking along dramatic lava flows and exploring colonies of sea birds and sea lions
- Finding marine iguanas relaxing in the sunshine
Day 1: Quito Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Quito/Puerto Ayora Transfer early to the airport for the flight to the Galápagos Islands. Upon arrival meet the Naturalist Guide, who will assist with the transfer to the Xavier, located in Puerto Ayora on Santa Cruz Island. Visit the Santa Cruz highlands and get up close and personal with giant tortoises.
Day 3: Chinese Hat/Black Turtle Cove Visit Chinese Hat for snorkelling opportunities and to observe the birds and sea lions before taking an excursion to Black Turtle Cove to see the marine life.
Day 4: Cerro Dragón/Islas Daphne Visit Cerro Dragón on the west coast of Santa Cruz Island to see land iguanas and a salt water lagoon frequented by flamingos and other species of birds. Continue to Daphne Island in the afternoon to spot birds and wildlife.
Day 5: Islas Plaza/Santa Fé Island Land at South Plaza in the morning for wildlife spotting opportunities. Afternoon visit to Santa Fé Island for guided walks to observe the wildlife and plentiful marine iguanas. Opportunities for swimming and snorkelling with the sea lions.
Day 6: Puerto Baquerizo Moreno Visit the Interpretation Center on San Cristóbal Island and enjoy free time to explore the port town of Baquerizo Moreno. Visit Isla Lobos in the afternoon to spot blue-footed boobies, marine iguanas and sea lions.
Day 7: North Seymour/Mosquera Islet Explore two tiny islands that are big on wildlife. North Seymour offers great views of nesting seabirds, including frigatebirds and Mosquera is home to large colonies of sea lions.
Day 8: Santiago Island/Bartolomé Island Visit Sullivan Bay on Santiago Island to witness the giant lava formations contrasting the white-coral sand beach. Continue to Bartolomé Island for a guided tour to see the dramatic volcanic features before hiking to a panoramic viewpoint.
Day 9: Puerto Ayora/Quito Disembark in Puerto Ayora and visit the Charles Darwin Research Station to see the giant Galápagos tortoises. Fly back to Quito.
Day 10: Quito Depart at any time.