Information from G Adventures
Encounter the island chain that has enchanted explorers since Darwin first weighed anchor off its shores. Spend four nights exploring the incredible wildlife of the Galápagos archipelago in the company of an expert Naturalist Guide. In the evenings, return to the Xavier to reflect on the day’s adventures. Retire to air-conditioned cabins with exclusive lower berths and private bathrooms. As one of the region’s largest operators, we understand the importance of controlling the onboard experience – that’s why you won’t be sold onto someone else's ship.
- Cruise the Galápagos Islands aboard the Xavier (4 nts)
- Certified Galápagos National Park Service Guide
- Highlands and wild tortoise excursion (Santa Cruz Island)
- Snorkelling at Chinese Hat
- Land iguana excursions on Santa Fé and South Plaza Islands
- Visit to a wildlife interpretation centre (San Cristóbal Island)
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Internal flights
- Onboard snorkelling equipment and wetsuits
- Four nights cruising through the galápagos national park aboard xavier
- Snorkelling with sea lions and discovering spectacular marine life in protected bays
- Finding land iguanas feeding in the cactus forests on south plaza island
- Watching bright-pink flamingos and other sea birds feeding in secluded lagoons.
Day 1: Quito Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Quito/Puerto Ayora Transfer early to the airport for the flight to the Galápagos Islands. Upon arrival meet the Naturalist Guide, who will assist with the transfer to the Xavier, located in Puerto Ayora on Santa Cruz Island. Visit the Santa Cruz highlands and get up close and personal with giant tortoises.
Day 3: Chinese Hat/Black Turtle Cove Visit Chinese Hat for snorkelling opportunities and to observe the birds and sea lions before taking an excursion to Black Turtle Cove to see the marine life.
Day 4: Cerro Dragón/Islas Daphne Visit Cerro Dragón on the west coast of Santa Cruz Island to see land iguanas and a salt water lagoon frequented by flamingos and other species of birds. Continue to Daphne Island in the afternoon to spot birds and wildlife.
Day 5: Islas Plaza/Santa Fé Island Land at South Plaza in the morning for wildlife spotting opportunities. Afternoon visit to Santa Fé Island for guided walks to observe the wildlife and plentiful marine iguanas. Opportunities for swimming and snorkelling with the sea lions.
Day 6: San Cristóbal Island/Quito Visit the Interpretation Centre on San Cristóbal Island before flying back to Quito.
Day 7: Quito Depart at any time.