Information from G Adventures
Encounter the island chain that has enchanted explorers since Darwin first weighed anchor off its shores. Spend seven nights exploring the incredible wildlife of the Galápagos archipelago in the company of an expert Naturalist Guide. In the evenings, return to the Xavier to reflect on the day’s adventures. Retire to air-conditioned cabins with exclusive lower berths and private bathrooms. As one of the region’s largest operators, we understand the importance of controlling the onboard experience – that’s why you'll never end up on another operator's ship.
- Cruise the Galápagos Islands aboard the Xavier (7 nts)
- All meals aboard the Xavier
- Certified Galápagos National Park Service Guide
- Highlands and wild tortoise excursion (Santa Cruz Island)
- Visit to Post Office Bay (Floreana Island)
- Snorkelling at Champion Islet and Kicker Rock
- Visit to a wildlife interpretation centre (San Cristóbal Island)
- Visit to giant tortoise breeding centre (San Cristóbal Island)
- Visit to the Charles Darwin Research Station (Santa Cruz Island)
- All landings and excursions
- Onboard snorkelling equipment and wetsuits
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Seven nights cruising through the galápagos national park aboard xavier
- Coming face-to-face with 200-year-old giant tortoises
- Exploring large colonies of blue-footed boobies and marine iguanas on the volcanic rocks
- Discovering three species of boobies and two species of frigatebirds nesting together at punta pitt
- Sending a post card at post office bay and bringing one home
Day 1: Quito Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Quito/Puerto Ayora Early flight to Baltra. Meet the guide and transfer across Santa Cruz Island to Puerto Ayora to board the boat.
Day 3: Rábida Island/Bachas Beach Land at Rábida Island for a visit to a saltwater lagoon and sea lion colony. Afternoon excursion to Bachas Beach for walks to observe the bird and wildlife as well as free time for swimming and snorkelling.
Day 4: Floreana Island Land at Punta Cormorant on Floreana Island. Guided walks to observe the bird and wildlife and learn about the natural history. Visit Post Office Bay in the afternoon. Snorkelling excursion at Champion Islet.
Day 5: Punta Suárez/Bahía Gardner Visit Punta Suárez and Gardner Bay on Española Island. Enjoy guided walks to observe wildlife and free time for swimming or snorkelling.
Day 6: Puerto Baquerizo Moreno Visit the Interpretation Centre on San Cristóbal Island and enjoy free time to explore the port town of Puerto Baquerizo Moreno. Afternoon excursion to the tortoise breeding centre.
Day 7: Punta Pitt/Kicker Rock Visit Punta Pitt and look for three types of boobies as well as frigatebirds. After, visit Cerro Brujo on San Cristóbal Island to observe sea lions, marine iguanas, and seabirds along the beach. Continue to the dramatic Kicker Rock in the afternoon for a snorkelling excursion.
Day 8: Santiago Island Morning excursion to Playa Espumilla, one of the most idyllic beaches in the Galápagos Islands and home to thick mangroves and flamingo and sea turtle nesting sites. Continue to Buccaneer Cove to witness the towering cliff wall rock formations before going to Puerto Egas to see a dark-sand beach and tidal pools.
Day 9: Puerto Ayora/Quito Disembark in Puerto Ayora and visit the Charles Darwin Research Station to see the giant Galápagos tortoises. Fly back to Quito.
Day 10: Quito Depart at any time.