Information from G Adventures
Looking to give your kids a crash course in exotic wildlife? What better place to visit than “Darwin’s test kitchen,” the Galápagos? On this multi-activity trip, you’ll have the chance to snorkel, hike, kayak, and swim the islands, as well as visit a giant tortoise breeding centre and the Charles Darwin Research Station. Who says learning about nature has to be boring?
- Visit to a wildlife interpretation centre (San Cristóbal Island)
- Snorkelling trip to Isla Lobos (San Cristóbal Island)
- Swimming and snorkelling in Lobería (Santa Cruz Island)
- Excursion to see giant tortoises in the wild (Santa Cruz Island)
- Tortuga Bay walk and kayaking excursion (Santa Cruz Island)
- Charles Darwin Research Station visit (Santa Cruz Island)
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Encounter incredible wildlife
- Snorkel and swim with sea turtles and manta rays
- Kayak at tortuga bay
- Visit the charles darwin research station
- See giant tortoises in their natural habitat.
Day 1: Quito Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Quito/San Cristóbal Island Fly to San Cristóbal. Visit the Interpretation Centre in the afternoon to learn about the natural history of the area.
Day 3: San Cristóbal Island Snorkelling trip to Isla Lobos to search for marine life like sea turtles and manta rays and swim with sea lions. The afternoon is free to enjoy the beaches and surrounding area.
Day 4: San Cristóbal Island/Santa Cruz Island Travel by boat to Santa Cruz Island. On arrival, visit the highlands of the island to see Galápagos giant tortoises in the wild.
Day 5: Santa Cruz Island Take a sea kayaking adventure at Tortuga Bay to explore the mangroves. Opt for a surf lesson in the afternoon.
Day 6: Santa Cruz Island Head out on a boat tour to Lobería, Las Grietas, and Playa de los Perros, where there's time for some swimming or snorkelling. In the afternoon, visit the Charles Darwin Research Station.
Day 7: Santa Cruz Island/Quito Fly back to Quito, where the rest of the day is free to explore the city.
Day 8: Quito Depart at any time.